Tuesday 28 August 2012

Me and my nutrition - Stoats Porridge Bars


This year I’ve been fortunate enough to receive help and sponsorship from Stoats Porridge Bars. Stoats have a great range of products all based around high quality porridge oats. Getting enough high quality nutrition into the body on a daily basis is almost as much of a challenge as some of the races themselves, so I’m very fortunate to be supplied with products that give me exactly what I need.

During the week I’ll start my day with oats, either in porridge form or with some fantastic homemade granola that we’ve been perfecting (email me for the recipe – it changes a little every time….) - currently using oats with honey, apple juice, mixed fruit and some selected nuts. This gives me a fantastic start to the day and keeps me going through the morning.
 

On race days I have a couple of Stoats porridge pots. This takes the difficulty out of mixing up porridge when in a hotel or random hotel. Boiling water in, lid back on, close eyes for 5 minutes – consume.  


Stoats offer a great range of oat bars, which I’ve been using for all my rides throughout the year – and for middle distance triathlon races. The ingredients are all natural and offer a perfect/easily digestible fuel to keep going through long sessions.
They’ve also now brought out a new range of Sports Bars – pre and post exercise bars made with natural ingredients and containing a perfect combination of carbs and protein to fuel and aid muscle recovery.
These bars are great and very tasty – taking the hassle out of post-exercise snack preparation when all you really want to do is crumple up into a heap on the floor!

I can't say enough good things about these products. They're easy and tasty, and are perfect fuel to keep you doing whatever you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment